I began this challenge on another blog I had for a while, having seen other bloggers complete it. It’s a fun exercise that keeps one writing regularly – 30 writing prompts that form a more thorough introduction of yourself. Kind of a longer version of those questionnaire chain emails we did in the 90’s. I only completed and published 8 of the prompts. A few friends mentioned on separate occasions that they had really enjoyed these posts and wished I had finished, and since I’ve shut down that other blog and intend to republish certain posts from it here anyway I thought it would be fun to do this. Last time I tried to write one or two a month – the challenge is intended to be written/published in 30 consecutive days. This time I think I’ll just try to get them up in as short a period as I can, even though I’m sure that life will make it take longer than a month. 🙂
I’ve changed a few of the writing prompts from the original list, but kept the spirit of the original challenge. I’ll probably edit the 8 posts I’d already published a little bit before republishing here.
Blogger friends, I invite you to complete this fun challenge along with me…the more, the merrier!
I’ll get the 1st post up a.s.a.p., and as I add posts I’ll link to them from the list of writing prompts below.
Here’s the 30 Chances to Get to Know Me Better list:
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe the greatest fear(s) you have as a parent.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16-year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. How did you know your husband was the man you wanted to marry?
8. What are 5 of your guilty pleasures?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. What’s the most surprising thing your husband has done for you?
11. Describe 10 of your pet peeves.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 of your weaknesses.
14. What is something you swore you’d never do and changed your mind?
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. Describe your favorite present you’ve ever received.
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has surprised you most about married life?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe 3 things your children have taught you about yourself.
22. List the top 10 foods you could eat for the rest of your life.
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe something that your spouse/partner does better than you.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What made you smile this week?
27. You have an hour to yourself; how do you spend it?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
I think this will be a fun exercise. I’d love to read about you, too. So please leave a link in the comments if you post an answer to one of these yourself! 🙂